Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Angels are Singing

 On Saturday morning the angels were singing and shouting in heaven.  Our little Hannah accepted Jesus into her heart.  It was a special morning.





After breakfast we often read out of the Children's Bible Stories Book that my Aunt Jennifer gave us a few years ago.  It is not the complete Bible, but it is a comprehensive book of the Bible and has a ton of Bible stories in it.  We have read through the whole book once and are reading it again.

On Saturday, August 18th, 2012, we were reading about Moses being up on Mt. Sinai talking to God.  It was when God gave him the 10 commandments.  While Moses was up on the mountain, the people of Isreal turned away from God and made a golden calf to worship.  When Moses came down the mountain He was so upset and destoyed the calf.  Those that chose to follow God went into the rest of the camp and killed those that turned away from God.  It talked about how their names were taken out of the book of life.

I talked to the girls about how Mommy's, Daddy's and Bekah's names were written in the Book of Life.  How God writes down all those who believe in Him in the Book of Life and they will go to heaven to life with God forever.  I told Hannah that I hoped her name will be in the Book of Life soon too.

Hannah looked at me and said, "I love God.  I love Him so much.  I believe in Him mommy.  I really do."  I love how simple and sweet children's faith is.  Hannah has loved Jesus since almost before she could talk.  Her first song that she sang over and over was Jesus loves me.  We pray to Jesus all the time.  She sings songs to Him and talks to God all the time.   When she told me that she loved God and really believed in Him, I asked her if she wanted to have Jesus come into her heart.  She said yes!!  We immediately stopped and prayed.  She had me help her.  She told Jesus that she was a sinner and that she believed that He died on the cross for her sins.  That He rose from the grave and is alive.  She asked Him to come into her heart and to forgive all her sins.  The look on her face was priceless.  Hannah just couldn't stop smiling.  I told her that it was her first spiritual birthday.  She got all excited and said, "It is my 15th birthday!  What do I get?"



Hannah wanted to tell everyone.   She called Daddy and told him that Jesus was in her heart.   She told him it was her 15th birthday (never did get her to understand it was a spiritual birthday and not a 15th)  We called Nana and Papa and told them.   She left a message for Auntie Megan.  She told Auntie Shonna as we were getting in the car to go to City Kids.  She then told Grandmom later that day.  

I am so delighted that she loves Jesus and wants to follow Him.  He is truely in her heart and she loves Him so much.   When we were driving yesterday she sang a thankful song to Jesus.  I loved how she sang loudly and off key thanking Him for everything in her life that she could think of.  I pray that she will always love God and be close to Him.  I pray that the relationship she has with God now will only grow stronger and stronger as she learns more about Him and what He has done for her.  This was a pretty special day.

Since it was her 15th. . . I mean, her spiritual birthday, we celebrated with ice cream popcicles.



"Jesus is in my heart!  Is He in yours?"


John 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever believes on Him would not perish, but have everlasting life.

This is the promise that God has made for every single person that He has created.  It is a free gift.  It only has to be accepted.  Salvation is so simple that even a child can ask Jesus to come into their heart and He will.  Have you chosen to love God and follow Him or have you rejected Him?  He loves you more than you will ever know.

No comments: